The Weiss company was founded in 1942 in New York by a former Coro employee Albert Weiss. During the 1950’s - 60’s the company made high quality costume jewellery with excellent Austrian rhinestones of exceptional quality and clarity. The company had two specialities which are now in great demand. The first, its beautiful, rhinestone studded figural jewellery, often of butterflies and insects, and the second, it’s “black diamond” range, replicating the German smoky quartz.
Without a doubt the company manufactured some of the most beautiful and appealing rhinestone jewellery of the post WWII era.
Costume Jewellery by Judith Miller